Effective Date: 25th May 2018
Date of Last Revision: 25th May 2018
- INFORMATION COLLECTED AND STORED
In general, we receive and collect your data because:
(a) You have provided it to us;
(b) We collect it from you in accordance with the provisions contained hereunder; and/or
(c) Third parties we engage (such as data analytics providers) collect it from you on our behalf.
1.1 Information You Give Us:
There are instances where you may be providing us with personal information related to your usage of the site. These are:
- Filing a “Contact Us” request: by sending us a “Contact Us” request via an online form, by sending an email to an email address that we display, by using a feedback or reporting feature, or by other means, you may be required to provide us with certain personal information, such as your name and email address.
- Commenting & Subscribing: parts of the Website may offer users the opportunity to leave comments on blog posts, reviews & articles. You may also be able to subscribe to various newsletters operated by us. In each of the foregoing cases, your interaction (such as responding on the blog forum, subscribing to a newsletter, or participating in a survey) may require you to provide certain personal information such as your name and email address.
- Social Registration: in some cases, you may be able to use social registration to comment, register or sign up to using your Facebook login. If you do so, you authorize us to access certain Facebook account information, such as your public Facebook profile(consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook).
1.2 Information We Automatically Collect From You:
Apart from any personal data you maybe be supplying to us as listed in 1.1, we collect additional technical and aggregated information about you that is non-personal non-identifiable information which may be made available or gathered via your use of the Website.
- Behavioural, Device and Usage Data: we deploy various tracking technologies on the Website (which may include 3rd party technologies) to help us collect aggregated trend data and usage analytics. We do this to analyse trends to help optimise our Website and track user movement and user clicks through to other websites. The type of data may include (but is not limited to) internet protocol (IP) addresses, MAC address, device type, browser type, browser version, operating system type, screen resolution, user agent, user identifier, user language, URLs and traffic channels (such as the previous URLs or platforms you visited), keyword searches and bids, city, region code, country, latitude, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp of Website use, referring/exit pages, clicks, timing for clicks and page-views, and clicked pages.
- Information We Get from 3rd Parties:
We may receive additional data from 3rd parties that help us with our business operations, that help us understand how our users use the Website, and to provide general analytics with regards to Website usage. Such data is in most cases aggregated, non-personal, non-identifiable data.
1.3.1 Website Analytics: We receive a variety of anonymised, aggregated site usage analytics data from web site analytics companies, such as Google Analytics, Bing SearchAds or Google AdWords.
- HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS USED
- To Generally Provide You With the Website: We will use your personal information to: (a) administer and make available the Website to you; (b) further develop and generally improve the Website; (c) send you updates, promotions, offerings, or other news of/about the Website; (d) respond to your inquiries and other communications with you; (e) identify or authenticate your access and use of the Website; and/or (f) send you advertisements or other third party marketing content.
- Third Parties: We may send or otherwise share your personal information to/with various third parties that help us with our business operations, that help us understand how our users use the Website, and to provide general analytics with regards to Website usage. These 3rd parties will have their own privacy policies. For more information on how we share data with 3rd parties, please see 3. Sharing Data with 3rd
- SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share your information, solely to the extent needed to enforce our policies (including our policies and agreements), and investigations of potential violations thereof, including without limitations, investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud, security or technical issues
We may share your information to respond to user’s support requests; to respond to claims the rights of third-parties were violated including to respond to claims that contact information (e.g. name, email address, etc.) of a third-party has been posted or transmitted without their consent or as a form of harassment.
We will share your information, solely to the extent needed to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request (i.e., to comply with courts injunction, comply with tax authorities, etc.).
We will we will share your information, solely to the extent needed to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims.
We will share your information, solely to the extent needed to prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties upon your explicit consent, in order to enable said partners to complete various functions (e.g., Trust Pilot sending you a rating questionnaire regarding our services). Please note that once we share your information with third party, that information becomes subject to the other third party’s privacy practices.
We may share your data to other third parties (such as ad networks, advertising companies, service providers, media and other interested parties) for the purpose of developing or delivering advertising and enhancing the users’ experience (as specified below).
If we combine personal information with non-personal Information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion. Please note that unless you instruct us otherwise we retain the information we collect for as long as needed to provide our Service and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- YOUR RIGHTS
By law, you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal information. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e. if you no longer want to be contacted with potential opportunities).
- The right to rectification: You are entitled to have your information corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure: This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to data portability: You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different services. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move, copy or transfer your information easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usability.
- The right to lodge a complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal information with your national data protection regulator.
- The right to withdraw consent: If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal information with your consent up to that point is unlawful). This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your personal information for marketing purposes.
We usually act on requests and provide information free of charge, but may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the information for:
- baseless or excessive/repeated requests, or
• further copies of the same information.
Alternatively, we may be entitled to refuse to act on the request.
Please consider your request responsibly before submitting it. We’ll respond as soon as we can. Generally, this will be within one month from when we receive your request but, if the request is going to take longer to deal with, we’ll come back to you and let you know.
We may share your email address, name and/or mobile phone number, should these have been collected, with our marketing partners and/or internally with the purpose of providing you marketing offers, deliver newsletters and rating questionnaires on our behalf.
You can opt out at any time from receiving such communications by either following the “unsubscribe” links at the bottom of electronic communications, following the op-out instructions on any mobile communications or by contacting us directly through our Contact US form or emailing us at [email protected]
COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND THIRD-PARTY COOKIES
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us via our Contact Us form or at [email protected] or at:
5 Star Traffic LTD
Virgin Islands British